[Wordpress recently added a new service: Plinky.com, which offers a different writing prompt every day. I decided to try it out, and this is the post it created. Personally, I like promptmonkey or Dragon Writing Prompts better — or even MAA Minute Math. If you want to give Plinky a try, check out the instructions: Plinky: A Tool for Writer’s Block.]
What book could you read over and over?
There are so many wonderful books in the world that I can't possibly give this question a thorough answer. But I'll take a stab at it…
(1) The Bible has depth that bears up to repeated rereading and study throughout one's life.
(2) The Lord of the Rings trilogy is one of my all-time favorites, and it's been a few years since I read it last. Time to pull it off the shelf again?
(3) The Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia Wrede is always a fun way to pass an afternoon.
(4) Knowing and Teaching Elementary Mathematics by Liping Ma — there always seems to be something more for me to learn from that book.
(5) Um… well, if I go take a look at my bookshelves, I'm sure I could find titles enough to keep this post going almost forever. Puzzle books, historical fiction, more fantasy, a bit of poetry… I'm a book addict, I think.
But why am I sitting here typing, when I could be reading?