My daughter originally started her blog to showcase her stories, and I thoroughly enjoy reading them. But recently she bought a new computer, so she wrote a review of the Windows 8 operating system, with tips on how to navigate the new interface — and look what happened to her blog traffic.
Moral of the story: If you want to bring more traffic to your blog, be useful.
Assignment: Solve a Reader’s Problem
Think about what your readers want or need:
- to find good homeschooling resources
- to discover what a homeschooler’s life is really like
- to find great tips and practical advice
- to laugh
- to be entertained
- to know the latest news
- to hear new viewpoints
- to think deeply about a topic
- to learn how to ________
- to improve their skills at ________
- to know that they aren’t the only one who struggles with ________
Write a blog post that solves a reader’s problem, either one from the list above or something else you think of. And then come here and give us (in the comments) a link to your post so we can all enjoy it.