How To Add a Sidebar Badge
Of course, this original image is too big to put in a sidebar, so Kitten saved it as a smaller size button that will fit perfectly. To see it in action, scroll down to the bottom of my right-hand sidebar, below the blog carnivals.
Here’s how to add it to your blog:
- On your Dashboard sidebar, click on Appearance and then Widgets.
- Find the Text widget in the list. They’re alphabetical, so it’s near the bottom.
- Click and drag the widget to your sidebar.
- Then copy and paste in the following HTML:
img src="https://blogging2learn.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/sidebar-blogging-class-img-small.png" alt="Ima Blogging Class Graduate" title="Blogging Graduate Badge" width="125" height="173" class="alignnone size-full wp-image-1375" /><
- If you put more than one sidebar badge in your widget, you may want to click the Automatically add paragraphs box to make a small space between them.
- Remember to click Save!
Get More Badges!
Many bloggers have fun collecting blog badges (sometimes called “buttons” or “awards”). You should put them near the bottom of your blog, so they don’t distract readers from the more helpful sidebar items. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Homeschooled Kids Carnival Buttons
- Did you finish NaNoWriMo? Post your winner’s badge.
- Download a copy of GIMP (or use Photoshop or another graphics program) and make your own!