On week 2 of our blogging class, we got into the driver’s seat and took off. Every student signed up for a WordPress.com account, and we started tweaking settings and exploring the Dashboard.
Our handout was a lo-o-ong checklist of things to notice about the Dashboard (like the gray navigation stripe, the QuickPress box, etc.) and things to change in the settings (timezone, nickname, and more). Finally, we took time to explore themes and edit the Hello world introductory posts.
If you’re following along, here is the handout:
(Instructions are in the handout.)
- Edit the Hello world post to tell about yourself.
- Delete the Sample Comment.
- Edit the About page to tell about you.
- Talk with your parents about privacy settings.
- Talk with your parents about Comment Moderation.