Here is a tentative outline of the material I hope to cover in class. Every time I write these notes, they come out a little different, and I’m sure I’ll be tweaking them right up to the day of class…
- What is a blog? I’ve already posted about this.
- How blogs work.
- What might we put on our blogs?
- Internet safety. I will hand out copies of Kim Komando’s 10 Commandments for Kids Online.
- Your online identity.
- Signing up for email.
- Creating a secure password. Kim Komando has good advice on this, too.
- Online time to explore other homeschool kids’ blogs. We can start with my blogroll and the Homeschool Kids Blog Carnival.
- Get a Hotmail or Gmail account, if you don’t have one already — and WRITE DOWN your login information!!!
- Or know (FOR SURE!) how to check your email online, without using an email reader.
- Brainstorm at least 5 blog names, and list them with your favorite at the top.
- Brainstorm at least 5 online identity names, and list them with your favorite at the top.
- Create a secure password to use for your blog.