Well, for one thing, I’ve been blogging on WordPress since 2006, so I am comfortable here. And WordPress offers a number of features that make starting a new blog easy and fun for students:
77 99200+ themes (the “skin” of a blog) to choose from.
(This is probably the most important factor from the kids’ point of view.)
- No HTML required.
- Great visual editing interface, and it automatically saves while you write.
- Integrated statistics.
- Akismet spam filter for comments.
- Fantastic support system, in case we have problems.
- Lots of sidebar widgets to play with.
- The ability to write static pages as well as blog posts.
- Easy posting of photos and video, plus tons of storage (3GB per blog).
- A variety of privacy options to keep parents happy.
For more information about blogging with WordPress, take a look at these pages: